The morning after the tornado hit around 12:15 am, Friday, March 26, 2021:
On this page the leadership will try to keep you up to date on what is happening on campus to repair the tornado damage to the campus buildings. We will try to give a weekly update with progress made and upcoming events.
Week of April 26, 2021
1. The contract for the replacement of the roofs for the Education Building and Children's Building has been signed with a company called Reeves Construction and Roofing out of Sandy Springs, GA. The heavy equipment and staging yard were set up on Tuesday and on Wednesday the roofing team began working on removing the old roof of the Education Building and Chapel and replacing the old decking with new decking. Once they got the new decking on and the roof covered from the weather they started on the Children's building. The metal for the roof has been delayed and will be delivered on Friday, May 7, 2021. The metal was delivered and the roofing company will get to work putting up the new metal roofs on both buildings, that is, if weather will allow it.
2. The Activities Building is going to be demolished. The demolition crew is a company called Kadima Inc out of Buford, GA. They have to file a permit for demolition with the State of Georgia 10 days prior to the start of demolition. The waiting time is over and on Saturday, May 8, 2021 the demolition began. The excavator with jaws on it began ripping down the building. There is a rumor going around that Dr. Mac got to do a bit of the demolition and removed the old air conditioners from the roof of the stew room. The demolition will continue for the next week. Come over and watch a bit of the demolition, though I advise you do it from a safe distance.
3. We are still busy getting bids and quotes for the replacement of so many things. We are currently working on the door lock/security system, the new projectors, some sound equipment and lighting issues. We have a brand new keyboard which should be on stage this coming Sunday.
4. Air Force, a HVAC company fixed one of our large Air Handlers and now we are able to cool the entire Worship Center without the aid of the external Air Conditioner and Dehumidifier that Servpro was providing at a cost.
5. There have been a host of contractors on site to look at our HVAC system (air conditioning and air handlers), our door locking system, all the electronics across campus including the projectors and sound equipment and our pianos. Each one of those contractors are making an assessment and will submit bids for the work that needs to be done in each of these areas.
As you can see while it may look very quiet around the campus, it has really been very busy and it just keeps going each day. So much has been done and so much more needs to be done.
Three weeks after the storm. Thursday, April 21, 2021.
Demolition of the Activities Building
Monday, May 10, 2021
After about 2 hours of work this is the big moment for the gym area of the activities building!